You can discuss anything PHEV related right here.
#2065 by slideways10
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:11 pm
Hi Folks,3
I have a 2016 PHEV GX4H
SO this last weekend we had a trip to the sea side........................
On the way back, i set the cruise to (70 if there are any police on here :) ) around 75mph, and thought i would let the brains sort the car out.
However, the car only averaged just over 30mpg, and according the small display next to the speedo, the engine was powering the wheels directly, and charging the battery, the battery was NOT powering the car.
I checked that it was in "Normal" and NOT Charge or Save mode too.
Admittedly we had the aircon on as it was a tad on the cold side.

My question is, is it normal to expect around 30mpg on a run on the motorway, or should i be speaking to the dealer to get it booked in?

Thanks in advance.
#2066 by Gwyn Ingman
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:36 pm
slideways10 wrote:Hi Folks,3
I have a 2016 PHEV GX4H
SO this last weekend we had a trip to the sea side........................
On the way back, i set the cruise to (70 if there are any police on here :) ) around 75mph, and thought i would let the brains sort the car out.
However, the car only averaged just over 30mpg, and according the small display next to the speedo, the engine was powering the wheels directly, and charging the battery, the battery was NOT powering the car.
I checked that it was in "Normal" and NOT Charge or Save mode too.
Admittedly we had the aircon on as it was a tad on the cold side.

My question is, is it normal to expect around 30mpg on a run on the motorway, or should i be speaking to the dealer to get it booked in?

Thanks in advance.

It’s quite normal on long runs. I find the saving is the daily commute and around town.
If your only doing around 20 miles a day and charge every night, you can go weeks without using fuel.
#2068 by rogher
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:26 pm
Last summer I made a 1000 mile trip through France, there and back. On the outgoing trip I had little time so used the autoroutes at full speed. Not doing any mains recharging, I averaged about 30mpg. The return trip was much more relaxed and at lower speed. The consumption for the return was more or less 40mpg, saving several litres of fuel (and toll charges) but at the cost of an extra day.