You can discuss anything PHEV related right here.
#2001 by MikeG
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:02 pm
I have a 2015 PHEV which has done just over 15 thousand miles and when I first had the car in 2015 it would charge up to 30 miles on the computer and give me about 27-28 real miles on battery charge. Recently when I charge it only 23 miles will show as fully charged and I get about 19-20 in real battery miles. I have tested the car not using anything like AC or heater and the milage is poor. I have spoken to the dealer who tells me that the battery can deteriorate and give me this milage but the purpose of me buying the car was that I can run it on the battery. Also the car and battery has a five year warranty so does anyone know what my problem is and just what are the symptoms of a battery that needs replacing?
#2002 by Gwyn Ingman
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:44 am
MikeG wrote:I have a 2015 PHEV which has done just over 15 thousand miles and when I first had the car in 2015 it would charge up to 30 miles on the computer and give me about 27-28 real miles on battery charge. Recently when I charge it only 23 miles will show as fully charged and I get about 19-20 in real battery miles. I have tested the car not using anything like AC or heater and the milage is poor. I have spoken to the dealer who tells me that the battery can deteriorate and give me this milage but the purpose of me buying the car was that I can run it on the battery. Also the car and battery has a five year warranty so does anyone know what my problem is and just what are the symptoms of a battery that needs replacing?

I get different milage available at start of day depending on my last journey home. Coming from the West it’s all down hill, so next day it indicates 35 miles available. But normally it’s just 24 miles. Mine is a 2014 model and the milage on electric in real miles has not changed. But the mileage available on dash seems to work out an average of the last few miles driven. Has your journey changed?
Living in Wrexham, a return journey from Snowdonia generates electric for the last 8 miles. At 0 electric miles of electric, inLlandegla. There is 1 or 2 miles worth at home due to regenerative braking.
I tend to manage journeys to reduce petrol usage using save on fast sections for long journeys. Most days it’s 95% electric when traveling about 25 - 30 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk