Latest PHEV reviews from around the world.
#1904 by angrybird
Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:56 pm
I need some urgent help.
Bought a brand new PHEV and it broke down less than a month, EV unit changed. Then 6 months later two loud bangs and another major part changed. Just before the 2nd year service the car lost powder again on M4. The dealer service centre said there was no error code registered on the car IT systems, hence able to find any fault on the car. I have since stopped using the car and wrote to the dealer for refund. The case went to the ombudsmen. The guy from the ombudsmen said without an independent engineer report it was no chance he can ask the dealer to replace or refund the vehicle.
Has anyone had any similar experience like me? Do you know of any independent engineer who has diagnose PHEV problems?
Many thanks in advance.
Angrybird
#1914 by angrybird
Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:19 pm
I need some help but unable to repost the story to the forum for people to reply. Can someone help???

Angrybird
#1922 by majicman82
Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:54 pm
hi, thanks for bringing this up.
we had a sudden breakdown on tour in sept 2016. "EV system requires service" or similar message....
Phev recovered to dealer to find out dc/dc charger needed replacing. it took them over 2 weeks to sort this out.

then it happened again in december, Phev dead. recovered to different dealer . they haven't found any fault codes, but managed to reset the car.

can you please give more informations, as we try dispute vehicle with mitsubishi.
many thanks.