You can discuss anything PHEV related right here.
#1917 by teipafe
Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:28 pm
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I recently got a Phev (second hand, 2014 model) and I noticed that every morning when I start driving, even if the batteries are fully charged, the engine starts to power the heater. I read the manual and understood that I can pre-set the time to start pre-heating the car when it's still in charge. Unfortunately the instructions are unclear to me and I cannot make it work. Any suggestion?
Thank you all!
#1920 by majicman82
Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:54 pm
Hi, my understanding of 2015 model is thet engine will run for a short time to turn over, and sometimes warmup to give extra heat to heater. Especially if you set it to higher setting.
I have noticed this happens automatically on hot or cold days. I reckon battery will be drained quicker if whole heating/cooling system relied on battrery alone.

Pre-heating is a different function altogether, controlled by app on your phone. You need to download the app and set up communication between PHEV and mobile/tablet. Very handy on frosty mornings, but again, it takes away few miles from range at once.