Over the next year I will be updating weekly living with the Outlander PHEV as our family transport, the niggles, the positives and the costs.
#442 by Chris
Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:33 am
Quiet Please!

Seriously thats the starting point of the review of the past two weeks. A button to cancel all the beeps. That's an upgrade for the next software update request please..

Only a day after the last review my wife decided it would be a good idea to visit the Grand Designs Live Exhibition at the NEC in Birmingham. This of course meant yet another journey on ICE so already in my mind I was thinking that the economy figures would not be improving above that of the last review. As normal the Outlander PHEV performed great there and back. One thing to mention is that although the NEC pick your pocket for £10 to park there appears to be no EV charging points? Come on NEC you should be doing better and charging less for the car park by the way. Anyway back to the PHEV and the in particular the journey. Coming back home on the M40 my wife found everything so comfortable she promptly fell asleep, to leave me pondering the features of the PHEV. One thing above all else that I would change would be the constant beeps. It beeps to brake.. and then flashes on the display in a don't dare ignore me or else manner, shouting at you to to BRAKE!, It beeps to warn of LDW, stay in those white lines or else, in fact don't even get close to exiting them or else, then if you manage all that in ACC mode it beeps to tell you there is no car / or there is a car in front of you. It drives you mad after a while. I want a single button to turn the beeps off. A QUIET PLEASE button. Mitsubishi work so hard on making the cabin soundproof only to fill the damn place with constant beeps. OK rant over but in short they need to cancel the damn beeps.

Back to the latest economy figures..

IMG_3623-Resized.png
IMG_3623-Resized.png (295.94 KiB) Viewed 7062 times

IMG_3624-Resized.png
IMG_3624-Resized.png (281.69 KiB) Viewed 7062 times

As you can see the mileage has increased to 2463 miles and my total electricity charge cost is now £81.21 combined with a petrol cost of £195.37. This makes a total cost of £276.58. Using my standard calculations this equates to 44.75 gallons, and thus making the current mpg figure 55.03mpg. So a slight decrease from the last review which was 56.1mpg. To make things easier for everyone I will now summarise these figures for all future reviews.

Mileage : 2463
Electricity Charge Cost : Sept £55.63 / Oct 25.58 : Total £81.21
Petrol : £195.37
Total Running Costs : £276.58
Price per gallon calculation figure : £6.18
Gallons Used : 44.75
Current MPG Figure : 56.1mpg

Lastly its great to see that the PHEV.club is getting very close to 200 members and is getting some great feedback as well. Thanks to all the new and existing members.