Specific PHEV forum for Audi.
#824 by Ollyseba
Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:42 pm
Hi, I have just ordered a GX4hs for delivery in January. Does anyone on the forum have a PHEV that is covering high mileage? I drive around 40,000 miles pa, and would like to now what sort of fuel consumption I should expect.
My last car, an Audi A6 2.0 tdi auto still returns mid 40's with 115,000 miles on the clock.
#825 by Tony Gee
Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:06 am
Hi, I've had my GX4Gs now for a week and coming up to 700 miles.

I've come from a Mercedes E class which did around 50 mpg. I'm getting around 30 mpg at present on motorway runs and this is with adapting to the different drive of the PHEV. I've charged up at several services and one car par and so far I've had one successful charge so far. The other visits either had faulty machines or they were isolated. I appreciate its relatively new though so I'm hoping the mileage will improve after a few thousand miles. The fuel tank is small though and takes around 45 quid to fill from empty - previous cars (mercedes, Audi and Citroen C6 V6 all were around 70 - 80 quid to fill (obviously dependant on fuel costs) I've filled up 3 times so far and range seems to be around 300 mile a tank :D
#828 by PolishPilot
Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:36 pm
Charging on regular basis at home and incidentally in the city I got 50mpg over the last 3700 miles since new on my Gx4.

Not, what I was expecting.

An yes, I can conform, you get hardly better than 30mpg when driving pure motorway.

I am also little disappointed, although for a 2 ton SUV, quite acceptable figures.
My C5 2.2 diesel was doing easily 35mpg, and the Hilux diesel is doing 25 mpg,
city or motorway.
#1782 by dukeinlondon
Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:58 pm
I also get around 40+mpg on the motorway, with the 4 of us in plus a little luggage. But the car is really meant for frequent short trips and occasional long drives rather than the other way round. I get 100+ mpg with this usage pattern

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk