Specific PHEV forum for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
#603 by Chris
Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:15 pm
Thanks to Bob the engineer for the heads up on this one.

This is the procedure for those wanting to turn the beeps off, I for one really wanted to do this but could not see how to.

Start by turning the ignition on.. but do not press the brake.

PHEV_Don't_Press_Brake.png
PHEV_Don't_Press_Brake.png (190.09 KiB) Viewed 17750 times

PHEV_Dashboard_Menu_Switch.png
PHEV_Dashboard_Menu_Switch.png (172.41 KiB) Viewed 17750 times

Then using the dashboard menu switch cycle through the displays until you see the settings menu.

PHEV_Settings_Menu.png
PHEV_Settings_Menu.png (160.68 KiB) Viewed 17750 times

Use the dashboard menu switch to select [long press] or cycle through [short press] the menu until you see the option for the sound.

PHEV_Dashboard_Settings_Menu.png
PHEV_Dashboard_Settings_Menu.png (153.71 KiB) Viewed 17750 times

PHEV-Turn_Sounds_Off.png
PHEV-Turn_Sounds_Off.png (154.93 KiB) Viewed 17750 times

Simply select off for the speaker and then cycle back to the first page and select return. You should now have turned off those annoying beeps.
#696 by Jarle Leirpoll
Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:12 pm
Thanks for posting this,

I've tried the procedure, but no matter how many times or how long I press, the Settings menu never appears.

Is there a "secret handshake" I need to know? Like "must be plugged in to the charger", "map (GPS) must not be active", or similar?
#958 by Skibum
Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:26 pm
Hi,
Thanks for the tip. I am a Happy new owner of a brand new Outlander Phev and have successfully done the procedure (I think). The speaker icon is now in off mode at least. But, exactly what beeps is it that was turned off? I still hear a lot of them. Can't understand why car manufacturers insists adding all these enjoying beeps. These are examples of beeps I would like to get rid of:
- opening the driver door while the engine is on
-seat belt warning (I will never drive without it, but there are cases when I delay the buckle up a couple of seconds, Or moving the car a few meters).
- Opening the trunk
Is it possible to turn those off as well?
#966 by Bob the engineer
Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:13 pm
Skibum wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the tip. I am a Happy new owner of a brand new Outlander Phev and have successfully done the procedure (I think). The speaker icon is now in off mode at least. But, exactly what beeps is it that was turned off? I still hear a lot of them. Can't understand why car manufacturers insists adding all these enjoying beeps. These are examples of beeps I would like to get rid of:
- opening the driver door while the engine is on
-seat belt warning (I will never drive without it, but there are cases when I delay the buckle up a couple of seconds, Or moving the car a few meters).
- Opening the trunk
Is it possible to turn those off as well?

Well it removes a few beeps apparently.

The door with the engine on is probably valuable as without the petrol engine running there is no noise so you could leave the car 'on' I suppose by accident. Apparently there is a beeper under the outside sill you can unplug if you really want to.

The seat belt won't be easily possible as its required to meet its NCAP safety score.

The trunk sound I found very annoying and I only had it 2 days! When my GX4 arrives in a few days I will be 'fixing' this one straight away. I have seen guides on other forums that you can pull off the trim inside the boot and disconnect the beeper. My prefered option would be to put tape over the beeper to make it much quieter. that way you know you have 'blipped' it OK before it opens and I suspect it makes warning noises if it has a fault.