Specific PHEV forum for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

PHEV Outlander Owners - Are You Happy With Your Vehicle?

83%
8%
9%
#1748 by Tony Gee
Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm
I had a Citroen C Crosser which was based on the same car as the Mitsi outlander of old and have to say it was much better equipped and a much better ride, I would also say the fuel economy on my sort of usage (mainly motorway) was better too. The Citroen was a cheaper offering but a nicer interior and drive so if they can do it I don't see why Mitsi can't. The PHEV I had for a year was so poor in my opinion that I can't see me ever buying Mitsi again - which is a shame but ha ho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#1761 by Glider
Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:56 am
GX4HS 2016 model. 3000 miles now and so pleased with car. Most journeys < 40 miles with a monthly long trip.
Actual MPG well over 100mpg :D and it's a really nice car to travel in.
I can't see any better cars of this type out there yet, the German makes are playing catchup but will enevitably offer less spec for the price. Whilst we would all like to be pure EV in the future, right now this Phev is brilliant and I was interested to read a blog from a Nissan Leaf owner who admitted that he is swapping to an Outlander because the Leaf gives him range anxiety and actual constraints of use. Most importantly he had to rush his son to hospital one night using some else's car because his Leaf battery was depleted and still on charge ! Well Done Mitsubishi for leading the way to a better motoring future.
#1765 by Rotts
Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:57 pm
Just got my GX5hs 2016 model and l find the car marvellous its pearl white with red/black interior certainly a head turner.Still getting used to all the gadgets., but its a very comfy car and easy to handle surprising how fast it is in electric mode.
#1870 by BNW
Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:41 pm
Hi.
I've just switched from a 2015 Audi Q5 to a MY16 GX4H and am delighted. The Q5 handled well and was quick with a brilliant auto gearbox but terrible fuel consumption. Averaged just 34mpg over 18,000 miles in 12 months. Mostly short journeys.

Picked up the PHEV just over 2 weeks ago from the Firs garage and 2 days later towed a 1500kg caravan + 4 bikes on the roof 100 miles to the Isle of Wight. Towing mpg surprisingly slightly better than Q5. Mostly EV journeys for 2 weeks in IOW with avg mpg of 101 mpg.

It's early days but I am delighted with economy over first 2 weeks.

P.s. Prior to purchase, I read virtually every post on these forums and a big thank you to everyone for the terrific advice across so many areas including towing, charging, use of save vs charge buttons etc. You gave me a brilliant introduction to the car.
#1938 by Ardent-Admirer
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:01 am
Sunny Driver wrote:I've had my GX4h for 3 months and put in 3 tanks of petrol - fantastic!
I enjoy getting into it in the morning after using the app to turn on the heater, an unexpected bonus I had not expected!
I find the manuals a bit hard to navigate, but that's not unusual.
I have a charge point that lets me see how much charge it takes each night on an Internet page, so I reckon my 14 mile commute (over a 800ft hill) takes 8 kWh. I guess that just over £1 a day!
Like many PHEV Club members, I have solar on my house, and I reckon my carbon footprint is minute!

Are you aware that there is a "charge cost" feature? With this you can input your supplier's electrical tariff (£ per kw) and it will tell you the total of your current charge. It will also accumulate each charge cost and give a running total for the month! Good Eh!
#1973 by DerekMathers
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:35 am
On my second one, did 40,000 in the first one, just due for my 37,500 service in the second one.

Preferred HID headlamps on the first to LED on the second one, only gripe is the price of spares, cracked a fog lamp a couple of weeks ago, managed to get a secondhand one of eBay for £90.00, less than half new price for something that should be a tenner - eBayer tried to sell me a headlamp for £500.00, apparently they are £1200 and an alloy wheel is about £700.

With more hybrids coming on the market will have to think hard about the spare prices issue before having another Mitsubishi.