Specific PHEV forum for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

PHEV Outlander Owners - Are You Happy With Your Vehicle?

83%
8%
9%
#243 by Chris
Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:04 pm
Calling all new Outlander PHEV owners..
#251 by Henry L
Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:45 pm
First impression after a week of use, 211 miles on the clock. Very happy with my purchase , used about £10 worth of fuel due to 2 longish trips. Charged at home every night, max. Range does depend on how heavy is your right foot, so have now put it on Eco mode.
Total spend £10 + £4.51 worth of electricity. This car is replacing a 12 years old Mercedes ML320, it drinks fuel roughly at 18miles per gallon.
I saved £50 already after 200 miles.
I cannot open the boot with the key fob, well , have to get the extra thick manual out tonight.
#258 by Kez
Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 pm
I have had my Outlander GX4h (blue) one week and have done nearly 500 miles. Really not sure if I have made the right decision as I bought it as my company car to replace my diesel Honda CRV. Main reason was financial due to reduced benefit in kind, mpg and the fact you can right off the total cost against tax in year one. All very good reasons, however, the reality is that if you are doing a reasonable mileage then the mpg reduces considerably to similar figures to diesel cars. I find the motorway charging points can be a bit temperamental depending on signal in the area?? Plus points, the ride is very good and in ev mode it feels like you are riding in a luxury motor. Negative things, it's a bit dull to drive, the telephone system is proving difficult to get to grips with and the sat nav is also not the easiest thing to use. I guess I will also need to spend more time reading the manual! At the moment I regret changing from my Honda but I am hoping to be won over in time.
#579 by Chris
Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:18 pm
All you Outlander PHEV owners if you haven't voted yet.. Are you happy with your Outlander PHEV?
#597 by Linal5251
Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:52 pm
:roll: I agree with Chris in that on cold mornings with the heater on the engine constantly runs so not having the advantage of electric only. To avoid putting the heater on why not switch on the heater 15 to 20 minutes before you leave home with your mobile app,that is what it is for. Also if you do this while still plugged in your battery is not draining. I have found you can cover around 20 miles or 30 minutes in traffic before it gets cold and then need to switch on the heater.
#618 by Scott
Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:38 pm
I heat my phev up every morning while it charges .lovely and warm when I set off then I set it at 21.5c on 1 fan bar ,yes the engine starts but it is to save your battery which would really drain .The engine then cuts out after around 2miles which I think is fine then we are on battery mode for the rest of the journey.the amount of petrol u use is hardly worth moaning about.now it's winter I am using around £47 ever 6 weeks as I do only short journeys under 30 miles a day.before I had this car I had a sharan which used £45 a week .so I am delighted with my phev .I also have solar panels which through out the year will charge the car for free.I find the phev is very clever it try's to decide which is the best option at the time ev mode or petrol .it is a hybrid after all . :D
#619 by kshah81
Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:35 am
this if what I have found with my phev, if you heat it up using the remote app, so more than 10 minutes, say 15-20, then when you jump in and drive with the heater on, the engine does not start. I did this twice, but the weather has got warmer again in london so will have to see when it gets cold again. I also set the temp to really how 12-15 degrees, and then when I turned the heater on the engine didn't start, I slowly increased the temp and the car warmed up inside without the engine starting. I think it depends on the temp difference between what you set the car to and what the temp in the car is, if it is a big difference then I think the engine starts.

I have also found that you can have the heaters on, but if you turn the AC off (so heating only - no ac), the range is the same a what it shows on a full charge.

I have also had to use the petrol engine a few times, but I tend to put it on charge mode and turn it off, when I think I have enough miles to get home, and doing this (after I reset the map once engine is running) I am showing between 50-80mpg for the bit since the engine has been on. I haven't done a long motorway stint yet, but am going to Birmingham (from london) and back end of the month - I will set the car on charge mode as soon as the petrol engine kicks in and turn it on and off depending on where I am, how far to go etc. I will not be charging at the services etc, as I want to see what the car can go using the engine to charge the battery, then using the battery and engine again. the dealership told me that it does not use much more fuel in charge mode at all - so will be interesting to see, and using ev when stuck in slow moving traffic etc, will be better then the ice.

hope that helps
#625 by Chris
Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:30 pm
My conclusion was when using the Charge button cost far more in extra petrol than the charge in put back in the battery on a journey I made to Telford and back. It will be interesting to see what results you get.