Specific PHEV forum for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
#1073 by pablo
Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:53 pm
Hi, I think we all agree that the wifi range is poor to say the least and restricts the use of the remote app. My question is - has anyone successfully tried using a wifi repeater either via the usb port, garage 240v supply or 12v car supply?

My phev is parked 20m away from the house with no chance of picking up the signal.
:oops:
#1763 by LUIS
Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:46 pm
hi,
I just got my PHEV 3 days ago and the first thing that I noticed was how poor the Wifi signal from the car was.
did you get any feedback on how to improve this?
#1796 by PHEV Happy
Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:40 pm
I got my PHEV a week ago, so far so good but the wifi and app are dissapointing. I have just been out and bought a wifi extender to see if i can connect it to the car to improve the distance issues. I will post back and let you know the outcome.
On another note with the app, i may be a bit thick but once you have sent the on off times to the car does the car then store the times or does the phone have to be connected to the car each time to tell it when to turn things on and off? if it is the latter then the wifi range isnt such an issue as i can set the times, disconnect the phone and let it do its thing. Also thiw would be better than having to switch between wifi signals when at home in order to access the internet
#1797 by PHEV Happy
Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:15 am
Success, the wifi extender has to be right at the front of the house as close to the car outside as possible in order to pick up a signal, all be it a weak signal but a signal non the less, so i can now access the car with the app from almost anywhere in the house :D
#1953 by techjunkie
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:59 am
I too am amazed at the poor wifi range and a little concerned on the security issues. I have bought a wifi extender (not my first, so I am familiar with the vagaries of the set ups!) However preliminary attempts to connect up to the car are not looking good. I will update if I crack it it, in the meantime if anyone has any ideas I would welcome a discussion.
#1954 by techjunkie
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:34 am
Tried again yesterday. The tp-link N300 pass through extender configured to the mitsi phev's wifi. Used the app on a Samsung S3 mini. Two SSID's of the same name were in the list which looked hopeful. However the registration was rejected on both SSID's because another device was present. Rather disappointed. Still thinking what to try next, possibly renaming the wifi extender's SSID.