Specific PHEV forum for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
#1886 by Huntsman
Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:21 pm
I've had my PHEV since 2014. I've noticed that when the autumn of 2014 and again 2015 kicked in I was getting the tyre pressure warning coming on. Initially I kept checking the pressure but found them to be OK. I then noticed that it was during cold spells when this warning was being activated. Although we haven't really hit a cold spell it has become slightly colder than it has been recently and again the tyre pressure warning has began coming on again. During the summer months - not a problem.
Anybody else with a similar experience and if so any solutions?
#1887 by bitman
Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:25 pm
I've had my phev since 2015 and received the warning once. It happened on the day the car went in for its first service (early March). I asked the garage if the pressures were down but they said no - not had it since.
#1911 by pcsouthwest
Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:09 pm
Yep, same hear when cold. I spoke to my friendly tire chap and he said they see this a lot. I also have seen when replacing tires, a few minutes at speed sorts the issue. They reckon the cold air is causing the sensor to mis-read the pressure and few minutes driving heats up the tire and off it goes. A little annoying on a £35k car and not seen this with other cars with similar sensors. I am assuming sooner or later I will get caught out and drive off with a flat tire and cause damage, so a quick visual on cold days, which really deprecates the requirement for tire pressure warning sensors.
#1988 by Grobsi
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:13 pm
Surely the problem will be putting air into a tyre when it is hot. As it cools then the pressure drops. In really cold weather the pressure will drop further causing the tyre to appear under inflated. By the time you get to check the tyre at a garage it will be hot again.

It is the same principle in formula 1 cars. When they drive slowly, the tyre pressure drops and they become less effective.
#2009 by pcsouthwest
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:00 pm
I now have a 2017 4H and the same thing. After 6 minutes, I get to the same bit of road and the light goes off, so reckon it is heat from the brakes which is warming the air in the tyres.
#2011 by bitman
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:24 pm
I have a 2015 model and experience the same problem as soon as the temperature falls. This has happened every year since owning the car. Like others, the light comes on then as I'm driving down the road goes off.